Being early ripening varieties, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir need a cool climate in which to excel. The French have known this for centuries, which is why the Burgundy region is based on these two grape types.
...while the Carneros region, where Napa and Sonoma meet, is another great region for Pinot Noir, Chardonnay as well as varieties such as Merlot, Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc.
Carneros is an American Viticultural Area (AVA) that is situated at the northern end of the San Pablo Bay, an extension of the San Francisco Bay. It is this location that makes Carneros unique, as Steve Rogstad, winemaker at Cuvaison, notes. "Because our AVA is low lying (almost sea level) and directly facing the San Pablo Bay, we get fog rolling in at night that slowly peels back during the morning hours. This limits sunshine and keeps temperatures moderate." This is an ideal situation for producing wines of very good acidity and structure, and the best Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays of Carneros - the leading varieties planted here - display heightened aromatics and excellent freshness, as well as remarkable varietal character.
Latest From Facebook
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post It’s a beautiful day for some Cornhole! Big thank you to the Schell-Vista Fire Department, all the CWA wineries and guests for coming out for a great cause. We even had a couple get engaged in the vineyards! ❤️
Carneros ... 20 Likes
- Carneros: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir And More From Napa And Sonoma “Other wines from California may pack more of a punch, but for overall varietal character and harmony, Carneros is at the top of the pyramid.” #ThanksForTheCompliment #ComeVisit #DrinkCarneros
#3ef612213579" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomhyland/2019/05/09/carneros-chardonnay-pinot-noir-and-more-from-napa-and-sonoma/#3ef612213579 16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Beautiful day, a stunning winery and some amazing new wines at our Spring Barrel Tasting. Carneros is more than just an AVA - it’s a community. #DrinkCarneros #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #SpitCupsNecessary 1 CommentsAmazing all the way around- I was inspired by everything, the wines, the location at the Donum Estate and especially ...16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Celebrating #internationalwomensday with a shoutout to @ereganbyrne and @hilaryberkey , our 2019 Co-Chairs of the CWA Board! We are so fortunate in #loscarneros to have so many wineries with women in leadership roles and especially proud to have some of ... 4 CommentsHonored to be part of the Board and having the opportunity to promote such a beautiful and amazing AVA for ...Congratulations!Congrats Em. I had no doubts that you would be a leader. No doubts at all.30 Likes
- No web here - just a personal 🕷 house with views of the vineyards, mustard in bloom and San Pablo Bay. #DrinkCarneros #DonumEstate #Maman #WeaverAndWine #LuckySpider 10 CommentsCarneros Wine Alliance Hi Alan - No plans for a lamb fest but we will have our annual Cornhole Event on August 11th ...Are you guys going to have a lamb fest ever again? That was how I found out about Carneros wines. ...I love it!177 Likes
- Timeline Photos Proud to support tonight’s di Rosa Gala with Carneros Chardonnay from our member wineries! #winerylakevineyard #carneroshistory #artforthepublicgood
#artesa #bouchaine #cuvaison #domainecarneros #domainechandon #donum #etude #poseidonvyd #saintsbury #schug #starmont #truchard #viansa #zd
Carneros Wine Alliance 2 CommentsMmmm I love some Domaine Carneros bubbles!!!What a great local event to support!6 Likes
Latest From Twitter