Being early ripening varieties, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir need a cool climate in which to excel. The French have known this for centuries, which is why the Burgundy region is based on these two grape types.
...while the Carneros region, where Napa and Sonoma meet, is another great region for Pinot Noir, Chardonnay as well as varieties such as Merlot, Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc.
Carneros is an American Viticultural Area (AVA) that is situated at the northern end of the San Pablo Bay, an extension of the San Francisco Bay. It is this location that makes Carneros unique, as Steve Rogstad, winemaker at Cuvaison, notes. "Because our AVA is low lying (almost sea level) and directly facing the San Pablo Bay, we get fog rolling in at night that slowly peels back during the morning hours. This limits sunshine and keeps temperatures moderate." This is an ideal situation for producing wines of very good acidity and structure, and the best Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays of Carneros - the leading varieties planted here - display heightened aromatics and excellent freshness, as well as remarkable varietal character.
Latest From Facebook
- Carneros: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir And More From Napa And Sonoma “Other wines from California may pack more of a punch, but for overall varietal character and harmony, Carneros is at the top of the pyramid.” #ThanksForTheCompliment #ComeVisit #DrinkCarneros
Carneros, the wine district where Napa and Sonoma meet, is a ... 0 Comments 16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Beautiful day, a stunning winery and some amazing new wines at our Spring Barrel Tasting. Carneros is more than just an AVA - it’s a community. #DrinkCarneros #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #SpitCupsNecessary
Carneros Wine Alliance is at Donum. 1 Comments Amazing all the way around- I was inspired by everything, the wines, the location at the Donum Estate and especially ... 16 Likes
- Spring has sprung in Napa and the ☀️ is out! What better way to enjoy it than toasting with a glass of Viansa and views of the vineyards by the San Pablo Bay Estuary? #VinoViews #WayBetterThanWork #ViansaSonoma #DrinkCarneros
Carneros Wine ... 0 Comments 10 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Celebrating #internationalwomensday with a shoutout to @ereganbyrne and @hilaryberkey , our 2019 Co-Chairs of the CWA Board! We are so fortunate in #loscarneros to have so many wineries with women in leadership roles and especially proud to have some of ... 4 Comments Congrats Em. I had no doubts that you would be a leader. No doubts at all. OMG!!! You are killing it Emily Regan Byrne! Am so thrilled for and proud of you. Honored to have played ... Honored to be part of the Board and having the opportunity to promote such a beautiful and amazing AVA for ... 29 Likes
- No web here - just a personal 🕷 house with views of the vineyards, mustard in bloom and San Pablo Bay. #DrinkCarneros #DonumEstate #Maman #WeaverAndWine #LuckySpider
Carneros Wine Alliance is at Donum. 10 Comments Carneros Wine Alliance Hi Alan - No plans for a lamb fest but we will have our annual Cornhole Event on August 11th ... Allyson Leuty Garey Snider 178 Likes
- di Rosa Proud to support tonight’s di Rosa Gala with Carneros Chardonnay from our member wineries! #winerylakevineyard #carneroshistory #artforthepublicgood
#artesa #bouchaine #cuvaison #domainecarneros #domainechandon #donum #etude #poseidonvyd #saintsbury #schug #starmont #truchard #viansa #zd
Thank you to all of our in-kind beverage supporters ... 2 Comments Mmmm I love some Domaine Carneros bubbles!!! What a great local event to support! 6 Likes
- Carneros' history is long - and it's still the coolest wine region in CA. Thanks to Roger Morris and American Wine Society for the thoughtful glimpse into the district. https://bit.ly/2MoGXNG
Visit us! #drinkcarneros #aws #carneroslove #visitcarneros 0 Comments 95 Likes
- Unusual, Unknown and Aged Wines and New Releases’ Tasting We had a wonderful member, media and trade SF Tasting at Wayfare Tavern earlier this month. We featured Carneros ‘Unusual, Unknown and Aged Wines and New Releases’. A big thank-you to the participating winery members, Artesa Vineyards & Winery, Bouchaine ... 0 Comments 26 Likes
Latest From Twitter