It all started with Tuesday. That's the day the Carneros Wine Alliance holds their annual barrel tasting get-together each spring. When you arrive, you get a wine glass; when you leave, you get a commemorative coffee mug. So when it's Tuesday, I think of Carneros.
Shared between Sonoma and Napa Counties, the Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) was established way back in 1983. The region's key claim to quality is that it's cool two ways - the rolling, windswept vineyards are influenced both by Petaluma Gap ocean breezes and San Pablo Bay.
Among other treats offered at this intimate event, which is only open to member wineries and a few trade and media folks, is a sneak peak at the latest vintage - usually organized into a theme, like this year's sampling of Pommard clone Pinot Noir from member vineyards - and sometimes a behind-the-scenes look at a winery locale.
This year's event was held at the Donum Estate.
Latest From Facebook
- Carneros: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir And More From Napa And Sonoma “Other wines from California may pack more of a punch, but for overall varietal character and harmony, Carneros is at the top of the pyramid.” #ThanksForTheCompliment #ComeVisit #DrinkCarneros
Carneros, the wine district where Napa and Sonoma meet, is a ... 0 Comments 16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Beautiful day, a stunning winery and some amazing new wines at our Spring Barrel Tasting. Carneros is more than just an AVA - it’s a community. #DrinkCarneros #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #SpitCupsNecessary
Carneros Wine Alliance is at Donum. 1 Comments Amazing all the way around- I was inspired by everything, the wines, the location at the Donum Estate and especially ... 16 Likes
- Spring has sprung in Napa and the ☀️ is out! What better way to enjoy it than toasting with a glass of Viansa and views of the vineyards by the San Pablo Bay Estuary? #VinoViews #WayBetterThanWork #ViansaSonoma #DrinkCarneros
Carneros Wine ... 0 Comments 10 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Celebrating #internationalwomensday with a shoutout to @ereganbyrne and @hilaryberkey , our 2019 Co-Chairs of the CWA Board! We are so fortunate in #loscarneros to have so many wineries with women in leadership roles and especially proud to have some of ... 4 Comments Congrats Em. I had no doubts that you would be a leader. No doubts at all. OMG!!! You are killing it Emily Regan Byrne! Am so thrilled for and proud of you. Honored to have played ... Honored to be part of the Board and having the opportunity to promote such a beautiful and amazing AVA for ... 29 Likes
- No web here - just a personal 🕷 house with views of the vineyards, mustard in bloom and San Pablo Bay. #DrinkCarneros #DonumEstate #Maman #WeaverAndWine #LuckySpider
Carneros Wine Alliance is at Donum. 10 Comments Carneros Wine Alliance Hi Alan - No plans for a lamb fest but we will have our annual Cornhole Event on August 11th ... Allyson Leuty Garey Snider 178 Likes
- di Rosa Proud to support tonight’s di Rosa Gala with Carneros Chardonnay from our member wineries! #winerylakevineyard #carneroshistory #artforthepublicgood
#artesa #bouchaine #cuvaison #domainecarneros #domainechandon #donum #etude #poseidonvyd #saintsbury #schug #starmont #truchard #viansa #zd
Thank you to all of our in-kind beverage supporters ... 2 Comments Mmmm I love some Domaine Carneros bubbles!!! What a great local event to support! 6 Likes
- Carneros' history is long - and it's still the coolest wine region in CA. Thanks to Roger Morris and American Wine Society for the thoughtful glimpse into the district. https://bit.ly/2MoGXNG
Visit us! #drinkcarneros #aws #carneroslove #visitcarneros 0 Comments 95 Likes
- Unusual, Unknown and Aged Wines and New Releases’ Tasting We had a wonderful member, media and trade SF Tasting at Wayfare Tavern earlier this month. We featured Carneros ‘Unusual, Unknown and Aged Wines and New Releases’. A big thank-you to the participating winery members, Artesa Vineyards & Winery, Bouchaine ... 0 Comments 26 Likes
Latest From Twitter