Carneros, Napa and Sonoma, CA, January 29, 2019— The Carneros Wine Alliance, a non-profit association of wineries and grape-growers in the Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) today announced its board leadership for 2019. Hilary Berkey of Vintage Wine Estates and Emily Byrne of Etude Winery have been elected Co-Chairs and will share governance responsibilities. Nichole Peterson of Artesa was elected Vice-Chair, and Carneros Wine Alliance ambassadors Carla Bosco and Crista Johnson will serve as Treasurer and Secretary, respectively. Bosco served as board chair in 2017 and 2018, and Johnson was chair in 2016.
“For more than three decades, the Carneros Wine Alliance has worked to build partnerships and programs that raise awareness for our region,” said Carneros Wine Alliance co-chair Hilary Berkey. “There’s a lot of energy here, with new hospitality experiences, winemaking talent and culinary destinations to share.”
“Our goals for the year ahead are to host some compelling events, bring more visitors to experience our member wineries and tasting rooms, and most of all, to celebrate world-class cool-climate Chardonnay and Pinot Noir,” continued Emily Byrne, Carneros Wine Alliance co-chair.
Co-chairs Berkey and Byrne both joined the Carneros Wine Alliance in 2017. Berkey is a Marketing Director with Vintage Wine Estates. She followed a passion for wine from her home state of Oregon to the sundrenched vineyards of South Africa before settling in California. Byrne has a background in art and design but was hooked on wine after working harvest at a custom crush facility. She’s now an Associate Brand Manager for Etude Winery.
Additional board members include Mike Cox, Schug Carneros Estate, and Scott Billeci, ZD Wines, Anne Moller-Racke, The Donum Estate, and Alison Crowe, Garnet Vineyards. All board positions were effective as of January 1, 2019 and continue for one calendar year.
Carneros Wine Alliance
The Carneros Wine Alliance is a non-profit association of wineries and grape-growers in the Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA). Carneros is the only appellation located at the crossroads of two major wine regions, the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Influenced by the maritime breezes and fog from its southern border with the San Pablo Bay, Carneros produces the region’s finest Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and sparkling wines. The Carneros Wine Alliance is committed to promoting the distinction, diversity and above all, quality, of the grapes and wines from Carneros.
Latest From Facebook
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post It’s like a family reunion this week! We’re excited to welcome wine friends from around the world to Napa Valley. Industry and trade are invited to join us for a preview tasting of our members’ auction lots this Thursday afternoon.
... 1 CommentsArtesa Vineyards & Winery We can't wait!9 Likes
- Starting the year off right with some beautiful Carneros Pinot Noir. #DrinkCarneros #KeepingItCool #CWA35thAnniversary
Carneros Wine Alliance is at Etude Wines. 3 CommentsBeen here so many times with clients who dont want to drink and drive. Call The Chauffy and we will ...My first Pinot was from Carneros ! It was amazing . Even now Carneros is one of the best US ...I love Carneros, one of my favorite growing regions 🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇136 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post It’s a beautiful day for some Cornhole! Big thank you to the Schell-Vista Fire Department, all the CWA wineries and guests for coming out for a great cause. We even had a couple get engaged in the vineyards! ❤️
Carneros ... 20 Likes
- Carneros: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir And More From Napa And Sonoma “Other wines from California may pack more of a punch, but for overall varietal character and harmony, Carneros is at the top of the pyramid.” #ThanksForTheCompliment #ComeVisit #DrinkCarneros
#3ef612213579" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomhyland/2019/05/09/carneros-chardonnay-pinot-noir-and-more-from-napa-and-sonoma/#3ef612213579 16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Beautiful day, a stunning winery and some amazing new wines at our Spring Barrel Tasting. Carneros is more than just an AVA - it’s a community. #DrinkCarneros #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #SpitCupsNecessary 1 CommentsAmazing all the way around- I was inspired by everything, the wines, the location at the Donum Estate and especially ...16 Likes
Latest From Twitter