The Carneros Wine Alliance, a nonprofit association of wineries and grape-growers in the Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) recently announced its board leadership for 2019.
Hilary Berkey of Vintage Wine Estates and Emily Byrne of Etude Winery have been elected co-chairs and will share governance responsibilities. Nichole Peterson of Artesa was elected vice-chair, and Carneros Wine Alliance ambassadors Carla Bosco and Crista Johnson will serve as treasurer and secretary, respectively. Bosco served as board chair in 2017 and 2018, and Johnson was chair in 2016.
“For more than three decades, the Carneros Wine Alliance has worked to build partnerships and programs that raise awareness for our region,” said Berkey, co-chair of the Carneros Wine Alliance. “There’s a lot of energy here, with new hospitality experiences, winemaking talent and culinary destinations to share.”
“Our goals for the year ahead are to host some compelling events, bring more visitors to experience our member wineries and tasting rooms, and most of all, to celebrate world- class cool-climate Chardonnay and Pinot Noir,” continued Byrne, the other Carneros Wine Alliance co-chair.
Additional board members include Mike Cox, Schug Carneros Estate, and Scott Billeci, ZD Wines, Anne Moller-Racke, The Donum Estate, and Alison Crowe and Garnet Vineyards.
Carneros Wine Alliance
The Carneros Wine Alliance is a non-profit association of wineries and grape-growers in the Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA). Carneros is the only appellation located at the crossroads of two major wine regions, the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Influenced by the maritime breezes and fog from its southern border with the San Pablo Bay, Carneros produces the region’s finest Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and sparkling wines. The Carneros Wine Alliance is committed to promoting the distinction, diversity and above all, quality, of the grapes and wines from Carneros.
Latest From Facebook
- Starting the year off right with some beautiful Carneros Pinot Noir. #DrinkCarneros #KeepingItCool #CWA35thAnniversary
Carneros Wine Alliance is at Etude Wines. 3 CommentsBeen here so many times with clients who dont want to drink and drive. Call The Chauffy and we will ...My first Pinot was from Carneros ! It was amazing . Even now Carneros is one of the best US ...I love Carneros, one of my favorite growing regions 🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇🍷🍇137 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post It’s a beautiful day for some Cornhole! Big thank you to the Schell-Vista Fire Department, all the CWA wineries and guests for coming out for a great cause. We even had a couple get engaged in the vineyards! ❤️
Carneros ... 20 Likes
- Carneros: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir And More From Napa And Sonoma “Other wines from California may pack more of a punch, but for overall varietal character and harmony, Carneros is at the top of the pyramid.” #ThanksForTheCompliment #ComeVisit #DrinkCarneros
#3ef612213579" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomhyland/2019/05/09/carneros-chardonnay-pinot-noir-and-more-from-napa-and-sonoma/#3ef612213579 16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Beautiful day, a stunning winery and some amazing new wines at our Spring Barrel Tasting. Carneros is more than just an AVA - it’s a community. #DrinkCarneros #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #SpitCupsNecessary 1 CommentsAmazing all the way around- I was inspired by everything, the wines, the location at the Donum Estate and especially ...16 Likes
- Photos from Carneros Wine Alliance's post Celebrating #internationalwomensday with a shoutout to @ereganbyrne and @hilaryberkey , our 2019 Co-Chairs of the CWA Board! We are so fortunate in #loscarneros to have so many wineries with women in leadership roles and especially proud to have some of ... 4 CommentsCongratulations!Honored to be part of the Board and having the opportunity to promote such a beautiful and amazing AVA for ...Congrats Em. I had no doubts that you would be a leader. No doubts at all.30 Likes
- No web here - just a personal 🕷 house with views of the vineyards, mustard in bloom and San Pablo Bay. #DrinkCarneros #DonumEstate #Maman #WeaverAndWine #LuckySpider 10 CommentsCarneros Wine Alliance Hi Alan - No plans for a lamb fest but we will have our annual Cornhole Event on August 11th ...Hey....I can see that.Hect Olh, Michael Scott, Zachary Vidal, who's "Scared of Spiders".....for real?176 Likes
Latest From Twitter